01 April 2010

Getting very excited!!

Hi!
I'm getting very excited about going to the craft fairs which start from tomorrow and end on Monday!
Tomorrow and Saturday are The Peak Fair in Bakewell, Lake district. This fair is our most regular craft fair. It only takes a bit over hour if there are no big lorries slowing us down but they tend to turn up around where we pass Mansfield so the journey usually takes an hour and half.
At The Peak Fair, sometimes we can sell a lot but sometimes we can only sell items to cover the stall fee. Every time is very different.

The other fair is Sywell Fair in Northampton. As I mentioned this fair before it's on this Sunday and Monday. We went to this fair last November when people were looking for some nice stuff for Christmas presents. We had a really great time there so we are hoping that this time will be a great one too.  Our business started last summer so we haven't experienced Easter season yet so we don't know what is going be like.

Of course we want to sell our jewellery a lot but at the same time we want to enjoy what we are doing so we are not going to hold our breath. We'll try to have fun there and it's all good experience so there is nothing to lose :)

Just out of curiosity...I wonder who else is coming to these fairs as a stall holder. I'd like to come and see you to say hello there :D




I've wanted to show off these for a long time. I completed them yesterday. These were specially made for craft fairs so these are not on sale on any online shops. I used origami paper called 'Washi' which is commonly made using fibers from the bark of the gampi tree, the mitsumata shrub or the paper mulberry, but also can be made using bamboo, hemp, rice, and wheat.



Another exciting thing is our new boxes!! They are improved, like the box colour has changed from a white one and black one to a silver one and black one. Our company name is now stamped on the each boxes and they are made of a better quality material. It's only a little more expensive than our old boxes. We use a company called Box Displays by the way.



It's always unbelievably messy in my work place before a craft fair. I feel bad for my students having to study with me there... X(
I and my staff(my husband) spent hours putting all our jewellery into the new boxes last night.
So these are ready to be shown off at the fairs from tomorrow :) :) :)


Thanks for reading, I'll write again soon!
にほんブログ村 英語ブログへにほんブログ村 ハンドメイドブログ ハンドメイドショップへ

4 comments:

Shpangle said...

Have a lovely and enjoyable time at the craft fairs. I am sure you will do well as your jewellery looks gorgeous and very professionally presented...love your new boxes, think I will have took into getting some of those!

Mick

Origami Jewellery said...

Mick, thanks for your lovely comment:) We hope that we can have a great time there! Wish me luck :D

I recommend the box company. Their costumer service is good. It's really nice to have a proper company name stamp.

MitziMakes said...

Your new jewellery looks lovely! Good luck with the craft fairs :) I hope they're fun. Im hoping to do my first craft fair sometime this year - I'll have to ask you for some tips! :)

Origami Jewellery said...

Thanks MitziMakes for the comment!
We had a good time at the craft fairs :) I can't wait to go to the next one. I hope you can find a good one for your fist craft fair. If you have a question feel free to ask me and I'm happy to help you out ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails