12 April 2010

Origami Jewellery For Men!

Easter holiday has finished and my husband went back to school as he is an English teacher(well, he is doing teaching practice until May.). He was a bit depressed this morning about having to go to work after a long holiday and the maths test he had to take after school didn't help at all >o<   Even though he wasn't having a chilling out holiday as he needed to prepare his lesson plans, he enjoyed his days off I think.


Anyway, what made him less depressed was this Origami tie pin made by me.  He doesn't wear it everyday but he went to work wearing this today :)   It's origami shuriken(Ninja star) design.


When I saw him wearing the tie pin I thought it would be nice to show you my origami jewellery lines for men. These were a Christmas present for my Dad last year and I gave my Mum red origami crane earrings. I wanted to try a different design as well as Shuriken design so I made this Menko design tie pin. Of course they were so pleased with my presents and loved them so much :D


At the moment, I'm not sure about selling the origami tie pin as our general line unless I get a bespoke order but it's a possibility that I might make some and take them to the next craft fair ;)



Thanks for reading, I'll write again soon.
にほんブログ村 英語ブログへにほんブログ村 ハンドメイドブログ ハンドメイドショップへ

8 comments:

Shpangle said...

They are such a good idea and you should definitely take them to a craft fair. I would wear them (but I don't wear ties).

Mick

Sarah said...

These are fantastic! I think my husband would like them too.

Origami Jewellery said...

Thank you both :)
Right, I'm going to order some more tie pin findings!! So exciting :D

S said...

Great idea! I've never seen this done before so I think you should definately go ahead with it. I know especially around Christmas people are looking for gifts for their boyfriends/husbands and can't find anything unusual.

Emimage said...

That's such a good idea ! Now I wish my man wore a tie once in a while :)

SC Jewellery said...

Wow, they're great!

MitziMakes said...

They are really nice! lovely colours - my favourites at the moment!!

Origami Jewellery said...

Thanks a lot everyone for the lovely comments!! I'm trying to find some good tie pin findings :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails