02 May 2010

It's about time I blogged!

Hello. I hope you are still there to read my blog.

I've been away the blog for a long time because spending hours writing it has not really been compatible with, working on our business, making jewellery and teaching Japanese!

I didn't know the business would become this busy. There are always something to do. Just because I'm busy doing stuff, it doesn't mean that I'm selling a lot though. However, I believe that all this hard work will pay off in the not too distant future.

I'm 100% self employed which is good for me and it suits me well but it sometimes can be difficult as I'm the one that has to control my schedule and work. I'm normally well organised when it comes to making jewellery or getting ready for craft fairs but I'm terrible at feeding myself properly. I really am. Maybe because I wasn't eating well enough I looked skinny or something so I was told that I should eat more the other day. I don't get hungry when I'm concentrating. That's the problem!

Is anyone like me? Forget to eat lunch?

Speaking of making jewellery, I haven't made any new lines of Origami jewellery recently but I'm still busy making general lines for coming craft fairs.



Today was one of my students' last lessons as she is going to Japan for business next week and she gave me these beautiful flowers to say thank you. As I wasn't expecting them at all I was moved as well as surprised. Actually, this last lesson was the first official 'last lesson' for me.  I didn't know it could make me feel so sad. She was always cheerful and fun at lessons like my other students. I'm looking forward to visiting her in Tokyo in July :D


Thank you for reading, I'll write again soon!
にほんブログ村 英語ブログへにほんブログ村 ハンドメイドブログ ハンドメイドショップへ

5 comments:

Miho said...

It seems like I'm exactly like you in the way that I'm also self employed, also doing a lot of work (and not selling as much) and also teaching -though enlish in Japan.

It's surprisingly comforting to know I'm not the only one. Your confidence gives me confidence as well Satoko!

Miho said...

It seems like I'm exactly like you in the way that I'm also self employed, also doing a lot of work (and not selling as much) and also teaching -though english in Japan.

It's surprisingly comforting to know I'm not the only one. Your confidence gives me confidence as well Satoko!

Polly said...

Being busy is good, as long as you can make a little time for yourself every now and then. All this prep work will pay off - it's a vital part of owning your own business, esp when you are the creator and maker of what you sell.

Your flowers are beautiful, that was a lovely gift to receive xx

Kim said...

I wish i could forget to eat lunch - I have the opposite problem!

Lovely flowers - you must have been very touched. I am a teacher too and 'last lessons' can be sad, although as a maths teacher for 11-18 year olds with several difficult pupils, 'last lessons' can also be great!

Shpangle said...

I've missed not reading your blogs recently...keep it up!!

I am always missing lunch..it is so easy to get carried away with things that you enjoy and forget about everything else...I am always doing it :)

Mick

Related Posts with Thumbnails